Call for papers: Migrant and the City
Urban Studies and Practices Journal welcomes papers for the Special issue on Migrant and the City
- How should the connections between migration and the city be accounted for today?
- How do cities change under the influence of migration and vice versa? What are the mechanisms of such transformations?
- How is the incorporation of migrants influenced by various urban settings? Which urban (social, economic, etc) structures contribute to which modes of migrant incorporation?
- How should migrants in the city be studied? What are the methodological challenges involved, and the possible solutions we can strive for?
- How and in what directions can/should migrant incorporation be influenced? What measures (policies, city- and neighborhood-level programs, grassroots initiatives) have proven to be (in)effective?
Journal of Urban Studies and Practices is a bilingual (English and Russian), open access and peer-reviewed journal. About the journal: https://usp.hse.ru/en/about
Special Issue editors:
Evgeni Varshaver, Director of the Center for Migration and Ethnicity Research, Senior research fellow at RANEPA, Member of the Editorial Board of the Journal of Urban Studies and Practices (Moscow, Russia)
Anna Rocheva, Senior fellow of the Center for Migration and Ethnicity Research, Research fellow at RANEPA, Member of the Editorial Board of the Journal of Urban Studies and Practices (Moscow, Russia)